04 July 2013

Party Paperminties - "The Very Hungry Caterpillar"







When I was told of the next party paperminties theme "The Very Hungry Caterpillar," I was thrilled and excited!  I am an Eric Carle fan.  Each of his illustrations is really a work of art. When I look through his books, I imagine how he designed each masterpiece and tediously painted and handpicked the perfect paper to complete them.

Wanting to get some insight into his design process, I researched a bit and found this on his official website.  This is what he says about his artwork, "I begin with plain tissue paper and paint it with different colors, using acrylics. Sometimes I paint with a wide brush, sometimes with a narrow brush. Sometimes my strokes are straight, and sometimes they’re wavy. Sometimes I paint with my fingers. Or I paint on a piece of carpet, sponge, or burlap and then use that like a stamp on my tissue papers to create different textures."

For this party paperminties theme, I wanted to make each one as close to the original artwork as possible and thought of using tissue paper as well but since it's not going to hold up on a wall or a centerpiece stick, I decided to do my own cut-paper versions. 
“I begin with plain tissue paper and paint it with different colors, using acrylics. Sometimes I paint with a wide brush, sometimes with a narrow brush. Sometimes my strokes are straight, and sometimes they’re wavy. Sometimes I paint with my fingers. Or I paint on a piece of carpet, sponge, or burlap and then use that like a stamp on my tissue papers to create different textures.” - See more at: http://blog.sanfranciscomusicbox.com/how-eric-carle-makes-his-beautiful-art/#sthash.uFIjeCZU.dpuf

Well, Mr. Eric Carle,  I hope I do you proud! = )

Large Wall Decor

Large Wall Decor

Large Wall Decor

Large Wall Decor
Party Invite - paperminties' first party invite!  The circles are attached to each other with circle paper fasteners so the body retracts behind the head of the caterpillar.  I copied this from a school invite. ; )

Table confetti.

Table Centerpiece Stick

Table Centerpiece Stick

Table Centerpiece Stick
Table Centerpiece Sticks
Table Centerpiece Stick

Table Centerpiece Stick

Table Centerpiece Stick

Table Centerpiece Stick

Table Centerpiece Stick

Table Centerpiece Stick

Table Centerpiece Sticks

Table Centerpiece Sticks

Table Centerpiece Sticks (foreground).  Excess party invites were used as party decor (background)

Table Centerpiece Sticks

If you need paperminties to customize your next party with cut-paper party decor, just let us know by sending us a private message through our Facebook page - www.facebook.com/paperminties. ; )



2 comments:

Pia said...

beautiful!!!! so many ILY's!

Paperminties said...

Thank you, P! Excited to do your party next! = )