31 March 2013

Pretty Gift Paper

I wonder who among you from Manila can relate to this post.

Over the past couple of years, I have found it difficult to find pretty store-bought gift paper. ( Of course, DIY wrapping paper tops my list!).  The ones I often come across have overwhelmingly loud prints in tacky fonts that shout “Especially for you” or “For your birthday!”  (Things that make you go “hmmm.”)

Gone are the black and white Tickles wrappers that I loved as a high-schooler in the 90’s.  

So when there are no other alternatives, I just opt to buy plain old cartolina or felt paper and spruce up the gift with a pretty ribbon and gift tag.

And when I stumble upon pretty gift paper, I get reeeeeeeally excited and grab some right away.

Here are some pretty gift wrappers I’ve scored over the years.  I indicated where I got them if you’re wondering where to find the perfect wrappers to prettify your gifts.

1.       Elephant-print gift wrapper.  I found this in a Greenbelt 3 shop in Makati.   (I cannot remember the name of the shop but it was on the ground floor near Firma). 




2.       Lili and Nana gift wrappers from Fully Booked in Rockwell Power Plant Mall, Makati.











3.       Wrap Shop gift wrap with pearly sheen from the Wrap Shop also in Rockwell Power Plant Mall.


4.       Printcafe wrappers from Printcafe in Festival Mall, Alabang.  They also have cute notebooks and stationery in these prints.  My co-teachers introduced me to this shop when they gave me these lovely papers for my birthday (they know what makes me happy!).










5.       Copper, brown and bronze paper from my fave local market district in Manila – Divisoria (not for the faint-hearted or squeamish!  Haha!).  Divisoria has these holes-in-the-wall that carry tons of gift paper.  They usually sell them for a minimum order of 25 sheets per print at a very low cost.  Most below Php10.00.


6.       Pinstriped gift wrappers also from Divisoria.  What I love about this wrapper is its versatility.  It alternates white and transparent strips so you can first wrap a box in any color of tissue or Japanese Paper, then wrap it again with this pinstriped wrapper and you get a gift in alternating stripes in white and the color of your choice.  


Other pretty gift wrapper sources that I rely on are Rinadesign shops by Rina Albert-Llamas (thank God she also designs wrapping paper)...

And some of the Fiesta Greetings gift wrappers (available at Office Warehouse and some Books for Less stores). 

What about you?  Where do you get pretty gift paper?  I'm really curious. =)

Thanks for dropping by!  Happy, happy Easter, everyone!

No comments: