05 May 2011

Easter Craft Fun

We had so much fun during a family crafternoon session the day before Easter.  We had  many craft projects lined up, too bad there was so little time to do all.  

Just some of the activities we thought up in preparation for the Easter breakfast celebration:
1. Rabbit masks for the kids made out of foam sheets
2. Egg decorating
3. Mini paper baskets
4. Brown paper baskets

Before we knew it, the sun was setting and I only took a night shot of the dining room centerpiece.  Hope you enjoy them nevertheless.  

Rabbit masks made out of foam sheets. Copied this from an art project done in school!



 I stuck double-sided tape on the back side.  It works better than glue.
 I used a hole puncher to make tiny holes to put the garter in place.

Brown paper bag baskets.  Got this idea from the Martha Stewart website.  Check out Paper Basket Bouquet.  Martha's basket looks better of course!

Decorated the basket with foam stickers.



The other paper baskets were made out of pastel board paper. 

My pink and purple paper basket. (Behind it are the eggs waiting to be dyed!)


My mother-in-law studied the stencil and made a larger version of the paper basket.  Below is a photo of her creation.  Really cute.



I made out a stencil for efficiency.  Stencil for the mini paper baskets.


Voila!  The nightshot of the stuffed bunny centerpiece purchased by my mother-in-law surrounded by our little arts and crafts projects...I love the yellow paper basket my sister-in-law made.  Too bad this is my only photo of it...The table runner is made out of yellow-green felt paper.  My sister-in-law scattered foam stickers on the felt paper to make the effect of strewn flowers and insects on grass.  Lovely.


1 comment:

Michelle said...

This is so much fun! I love it.